2nd World Traditional Wushu Championships 2006, Zhengzhou, China

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More photos...

Courtesy of Mr. Tan Kim Weng, who has taken so many photos during our China trip and special thanks to him for sharing some of his collections. So I thought I should share some of them here as well...

He has only given me part of his collection and already the first part has over 300 photos, more than what I have taken over my whole week there. But I won't be posting all here. If I do get the rest, then I'll try to post them here as well.

Me on the carpet for my first event. Ash, I kept my promise of showing the photo of me in my competition attire, but for the videos, hehehe... still dunno if I'll ever get it. Haha... must go pujuk the Crystal Princess first for it (",)...
Part of the team. Mr. Tan is the one on the most left. The one at the middle is our Team Manager, Madam Lin.
I look so stupid with my pouch and jacket on my hand... but we were on the rush back to the hotel for lunch when we snapped this photo... so I guess I'll forgive myself on this.
The team. We were preparing to enter the stadium for the opening ceremony.
This was the first time I actually wore a batik. The one beside me was the model who held our name banner during the march-past. All the models that night were at least a head taller than me... sob sob, standing beside them make felt like a dwarf :( And gosh, they can actually stand so still like a lamp post the whole night... that's how disciplined they are.


These were the photos I could not have taken as I was one of them down there, lining up.













The stage pictures... nice and clear. It never turn out well from my camera.













More photos at the Shaolin Temple. Steph, here's more picures of your favourite 'baldies'... haha

It'll take forever for me to be able to do that...



2 real cuties...
Some of their tough training routine...
Training, training, training... running around with 2 water-filled buckets...
And finally... the Temple main entrance...

5 Comments:

  • Hey...they aren't exactly bald... Those two cuties! OMG! looks like those chinese painting of the heavenly characters.

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 25 November, 2006 17:59  

  • well, Shaolin students these days need not be monks... so you can't expect to see them all bald...

    hehehe... and somehow I knew you were going to comment on those 2.. yea.. I think they were dressed that way for that reason...

    By Blogger Eng, at 25 November, 2006 20:41  

  • wah eng..those students..when i see the pics i feel as if im in the moviess la..great pic eng!
    really wish to see them myself.

    haha..yay..finally saw u in ur baju..but still half way saja!
    haha..but nevertheless..it really looks unique n classic..nice suit..;)

    By Blogger ashes, at 30 November, 2006 20:21  

  • it seems fun when visiting the temple for the 1st time... but I'm not sure if I'll be going there again in 2 years time... it may not have the same feel anymore...

    anyway, the baju are not mine... it belongs to the association... usually we would wear them for competition or wushu demonstrations...

    for competition, some had gotten their own but I haven't... and probably may never will...

    By Blogger Eng, at 03 December, 2006 21:45  

  • Nice baju, haha

    By Blogger Jyrenze, at 23 April, 2007 13:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home