2nd World Traditional Wushu Championships 2006, Zhengzhou, China

Monday, November 13, 2006

Day 7 - Oct 21, 2006: Our Last Day in China

[Finally, the last part of my blog series]...

Got up early that day. Finally, it was time to return home to Malaysia. Man, time sure passes quickly when you don't keep track of it. We will not be going anywhere today. After breakfast we returned to our room, supposedly to be watching tv. But I guess everyone was still tired chatting over the night. We all returned to rest and pretty soon we fell asleep again.

We slept for a short while before we got a phone call from our Team Leader to prepare ourselves for lunch. I don't know what was mentioned over the phone because it was YQ who picked up the phone but there sure was some misunderstanding among the two. The plan was to head down to the restaurant for lunch before returning back to our room to collect our luggages.

But YQ told us to actually bring our luggage down along. Taking the luggages down to the lobby made the rest waiting at the restaurant while we were waiting at the lobby for them. I sensed something not right and sent YQ to have a look at the restaurant. Yup, they were all waiting there for us. So, what to do, had to leave our luggages at the entrance lor... Got the receptionist the bell boy to look after our luggages.

Well, actually, we did not have our meals in a restaurant. The hotel doesn't have any restaurant. What they had was I think 4 dining rooms and every meal we had was in the dining room.

Our final meal in China. Just look at the amount of food served. It was a table filled with dishes. And none of our meals had rice except when fried rice was served.


Soon, we left for the airport. Our flight was scheduled to leave Zhengzhou Airport to Shenzhen at 1630. After checking in, there was a little spare time for us to do a little shopping and we all bought some souveniours home. At the airport we kept looking for a public phones just to give our 2 helpful interpreters a call before returning home but all they have are public card phones which requires phone cards. So too bad. Looks like we can only contact them via email when we reach home.

I was beginning to miss the people we met here already. The saddest thing was that we never really been able to just hang out with them. Our flight got delayed until 1725. We had to wait for almost another hour. On our flight, it was almost time for sunset.

Here are some of the views. Nice scenes can be seen but it soon turned dark pretty fast.














There was quite alot of the same photos, so I'd just post some of the sunsets on the blog.

Our precious insisted on having a photo with the sunset. Hhmmm... the sunset can't be seen much.

I felt so tired that I was sleeping almost the whole journey to the Shenzhen Airport. Once there and after collecting our luggage, we immediately proceeded to the international departure hall for check-in.

We waited for about an hour before getting onto the plane and flew home. Again, I slept almost throughout... don't know why I was feeling so tired that day.

We reached KLIA on time, at around 0130 the next morning (Sun, Oct 22) but we only able to leave the arrival hall at around 0300 due to the delay at the luggage collection. We arrived before our luggages did and they were very slow at releasing our luggages as well, making us wait for so long. By then, our parents was already outside waiting. Once we left the hall, we immediately returned home.

[updated - Nov 15, 2006; 16:13]
Ok, since my precious "princess" here has started mumbling that I did not give her enough recognition, I have to give her some compliment for taking the beautiful sunsets... (only because she was sitted beside the windows, k).

And dear, sorry that I've totally forgotten about that incident. Here was what happened. During our flight back (I think from Shenzhen to KLIA), the 2 gals was actually chatting among themselves ( we were sitting in a row of 3) and they suddenly made some funny sounds of 'mmm'.... which made me really curious. So, after I asked them what's happening, Tiffany's reply was... their 'engine' could not start. That got us laughing aloud. I think it was the funniest incident during our way home, but somehow it just slipped off my mind.... hhhmmm...

Also, I forgotten to mention that some of the team mates bought local fruits for us 3. It is actually the raw Chinese 'hong chou' that we get in Malaysia, which becomes red after it has been ripen and cooked. Our 2 gals here were actually enjoying themselves separating the fruits into 4 portions at the Shenzhen Airport while waiting for our flight back to KL.

6 Comments:

  • Hey!! U din mention tat da sunset pic r taken by me.. Me.. ME!! haha.. Nice leh.. =P

    Eh.. remember there was 1 day when v jus board da bus.. YQ n I was 'mmm'-ing at each other 2 get da window seat.. then u ask wats wrong? then i said engine cannot start.. y u din put tat in??

    Tiff < Crystal Princess > (",)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15 November, 2006 15:37  

  • oh... I actually forgot about that part liau... hehehe

    you go blog about that part lar...
    I also forgot to mention that you 2 babies were separating the fruits at the airport... hahaha

    later I'll add it in... hehehe

    By Blogger Eng, at 15 November, 2006 15:45  

  • hmm.. Great.. I seems more complete now.. haha..

    Tiff < Crystal Princess > (",)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15 November, 2006 16:38  

  • of course lar... I scared you'll come scolding me mah..

    By Blogger Eng, at 15 November, 2006 16:48  

  • Beautiful scenes...I'm sure those uni girls miss u ppl too. Have you e-mailed them?

    By Blogger Jonquina, at 16 November, 2006 10:54  

  • hahaha... apparently, email is the only way to keep in touch. their mobile phone could not send sms abroad but they could receive our sms.

    By Blogger Eng, at 16 November, 2006 11:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home